Egan Warming Center will activate on Tuesday night, Nov. 8.
We will also go on standby for Wednesday and Thursday nights. The weather looks potentially cold and wet this week, so we will be watching closely as we go.
This coming week, three shelters will be open:
- Wheeler Pavilion, Lane Events Center, 796 W 13th Ave, Eugene. Site is accessible and animals are welcome, doors open at 7 p.m. Click here to sign up at Wheeler Pavilion in Eugene.
- Springfield Memorial Building, 765 A St, Springfield. Site is accessible and animals are welcome. Doors open at 6:30 p.m. Click here to sign up at Memorial Building in Springfield.
- Youth Site, First United Methodist Church, 1376 Olive, Eugene. Site is accessible and animals are welcome. Doors open at 6 p.m. Egan Youth Site volunteers (prior approval necessary), click here to sign up at First United Methodist Church:
A couple of new things for Egan.
- We are using a new website location, integrated in to St Vinnie’s (our parent organization) website. Our new web address: https://www.eganwarmingcenters.org
- We are now using different signup software. Now folks can sign up for shifts using Volunteer Local. It will look a little different, but should be fairly straightforward to use.
- All volunteers will need to fill out a volunteer application before they can view the schedules and sign up the first time. Once you have done this and selected your shifts, please be sure to click on the “Sign Up To Volunteer” button at the bottom of the page. Be sure that you get an email confirmation. If not, you may not have properly completed the process. If you get stuck, feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org for help.
We will have a short Zoom informational session on Monday, Nov. 7 at 6:30 p.m. to answer any questions and give a quick overview of Egan this winter.