from City of Eugene Parks and Open Space
The following public meetings and park surveys are coming up in June:
Mattie Reynolds Park Public Meeting: Thursday, June 15, 5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m., St. Mark Christian Methodist Episcopal Church, 1167 Sam Reynolds St., Eugene. RSVP encouraged.
Get a look at three draft designs for this park development and share your feedback. Pizza and beverages provided. All ages welcome.
Mattie Reynolds Park Virtual Meeting will be hosted on Wednesday, June 21 from noon to 1 p.m. Please register for the Zoom link.
If you cannot attend either meeting, please take our short, online survey.
Named after a matriarch of Eugene’s early black community, Mattie Reynolds Park is located at Dani Street and West 13th Avenue. Learn more about this project.
Scobert Gardens Park Survey: Help us kick-off the Scobert Gardens Park renovations by taking our short, online survey. In this first survey, we are looking to hear from community members about their needs, priorities and vision for Scobert Gardens.
Scobert Gardens Park is located in the historic Whiteaker neighborhood and serves as the venue for the Sunday Whiteaker Community Market. Sign up for project updates.
University Park Public Meeting: Tuesday, June 27, 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m., Hilyard Community Center, 2580 Hilyard St. RVSP encouraged.
Get a look at the draft designs for this park renovation project and share your feedback. Pizza and beverages provided. All ages welcome.
University Park is located at the intersection of East 24th Avenue and University Street. Sign up for project updates and online survey invites.
Washington Jefferson Dog Park Survey
As WJ Park reopens to the public after three years of COVID related closures and renovations, park programming has become ever more important in keeping the park safe and welcoming for all visitors. Some Whiteaker neighbors have expressed support for the idea of a dog park in the past and we are reaching out to assess broader public support for this idea. Take the first of two online surveys and learn more.
In addition to these upcoming public meetings and park surveys, the complete June 2023 Eugene Parks and Open Space newsletter includes the following topics:
- Water is On at Spray Plays (Fairmount, Oakmont, RiverPlay, and Washington parks)
- Churchill Tennis Courts Reopen After Complete Renovation
- Construction to begin in July on final segment of Delta Ponds Loop Trail
- Design starts on shared-use and mountain bike trails connecting Mount Baldy, Suzanne Arlie Park
- Parks Foundation Pledges $120,000 to Extend Ridgeline Trail by Three Miles
- When in Doubt, Stay Out (algae blooms)
- Register for the June 3 First Saturday Park Walk: Wild Iris Ridge
- UO Football, Eugene Parks Plant Trees Outside Autzen (video)
- Upcoming Events (including June 20, Trashy Tuesday with Willamette Riverkeepers)
- Park Adoption Group Events (Friends groups for Gilbert, Rasor, Charnel Mulligan, Wendover, Tugman, Monroe parks and the Jefferson Park Dog Off Leash Area