from the Friendly Area Neighbors website
All are welcome to Friendly Neighborhood’s sustainability fair and picnic on Sunday, July 30, 4:30-7:30 p.m. at Washington Park, 2025 Washington St.
The family-friendly event features free root beer floats, raffle, games and activities, live music and dance.
Bring your own chairs, blanket, and picnic supper and listen to live marimba music from the Chapwititi Marimba Band. Watch a special dance performance by Folklórico Colibrí. Try Eugene’s E-scooter share.
The sustainability fair offers opportunities to learn and get support in sustainable living opportunities:
- Organic gardening
- Learn more about pollinators and native plants
- Water conservation with gray water and rain catchment
- Eugene’s electric car share, bike and e-scooter share
- Learn more about electric cars and bikes
- Home comfort with heat pumps and solar energy
- Tool share program and community garden share
- Emergency preparedness
- Waste management – reuse, recycling, and composting
For more, contact the Friendly Area Neighbors.