Some areas near Cedar Creek Fire downgraded to evacuation level 22 min read
Posted on FlashAlert: September 11th, 2022 11:47 AM
The Lane County Sheriff’s Office, in consultation with the fire teams, is able to reduce the follow areas to Level 2 (Be Set):
- Oakridge west of Salmon Creek, south of Laurel Butte Road, and north of the Middle Fork Willamette River
- The City of Westfir
The following areas remain at a Level 3 (GO NOW) evacuation notification and re-entry is not allowed at this time:
- High Prairie area, including all of High Prairie Road, Brock Road, Bar BL Ranch Road, Nubian Way, Mountain View Road, and Huckleberry Lane
- Westfir-Oakridge Road from Westfir city limits to Roberts Road
- McFarland Road
- Oakridge north of Laurel Butte Road, and Oakridge east of Salmon Creek
- Hills Creek Reservoir area south of Highway 58 and Greenwaters Park
An updated map of the evacuation areas is available at www.LaneCountyOR.gov/CedarCreek.
While every effort is being made to protect the communities of Oakridge, Westfir and High Prairie, it is possible that conditions may require moving back to a Level 3 (GO NOW) evacuation notice in some or all of these areas and that can happen at any time.
People who have mobility limitations, specials needs or who are medically fragile are encouraged not to return the Level 2 (Be Set) area. People who lack access to reliable transportation and those with large animals or pets that can be time consuming or difficult to move are also encouraged not to return to the Level 2 (Be Set) area.
Highway 58 will remain closed from milepost 37 on the east side of town to milepost 70 at Crescent Lake.
Lane County Animal Services will continue to operate the large animal evacuation shelter at the Lane Events Center to provide a safe place to house animals from properties in Level 2 (Be Set) and Level 3 (GO NOW) areas.