from Jennifer Denning, Disaster Services Coordinator, OregonServes
OregonServes is nearing the launch of the disaster volunteer database, an online platform that matches volunteers to organizations for disaster-related needs. We are looking for community members to be among the first to test it out.
Volunteers will receive a $100 gift card from either Walmart, Target, or Amazon in exchange for honest feedback from a self-guided exploration of the website. The whole process is estimated to take about two hours.
Community member feedback and insights are incredibly valuable in helping us create the best possible user experience. Here are the types of activities that will be conducted:
- Sign up as a volunteer and create a profile
- Search and sign up for a volunteer opportunity
- Navigate through the different pages and sections of the website.
Here is the feedback that is needed:
- Is the website easy to navigate and find information?
- Are the menus, buttons, and links intuitive and user-friendly?
- Does the website load quickly and perform smoothly?
- Are there any errors, glitches, or broken links that you encounter?
- Do you find the overall design visually appealing?
- Is the content clear, concise, and easy to understand?
- Are there any words, terms, phrases that don’t make sense?
Requirements for participation:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have access to the internet
- Have access to a computer
- Have an email address
- Provide a mailing address (to mail gift card)
- Be willing to create a volunteer account (can later be deactivated if requested)
- Provide honest feedback
- Be willing to complete an online form to provide your honest feedback (or request accommodations if needed).