Public hearings this week on urban search and rescue, hotlines for first responders2 min read
The following public hearings will be held this week by the 2023 Oregon House Committee on Emergency Management, General Government, and Veterans:
March 21, 2023, 1 p.m.
- HB 2484 – Directs Department of State Fire Marshal to coordinate urban search and rescue function of this state.
- HB 3484 – Establishes State Fire Marshal Firefighting Costs Fund.
- HB 3485 – Provides State Fire Marshal with certain additional discretionary powers. For example, proposed ORS 476.033 (2) would allow the state fire marshal to authorize deputies and assistants to own and operate emergency response vehicles.
- HB 2522 – Requires governing body of county that contains at-risk land, as defined, to develop, or solicit proposals for development of, fire response plan or wildfire response plan.
March 23, 2023, 1 p.m.
- HB 2948 Directs Oregon Department of Emergency Management to develop and implement program to award grants for fairgrounds used as emergency evacuation sites.
- HB 2865 Specifies leave of absence entitled for public employee for initial active duty for training and annual active duty training as member of National Guard, National Guard Reserve or reserve component of Armed Forces of the United States or of United States Public Health Service for days that are work days.
- HB 2144 Requires Oregon Military Department to study veterans.
- HB 3426 Requires 9-8-8 crisis hotline centers to have policies and train staff on serving firefighters and other first responders.
Register to testify online March 21 or March 23 through the committee website.
Rep. Charlie Conrad, whose District 12 includes parts of Santa Clara and Southeast Eugene, serves on the committee.